What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our services, to communicate with you, or to give you the best experience on our Site. We collect information in three ways: 1) if and when you provide information to us, 2) automatically through operating our Site, and 3) from outside sources.
Information You Provide to Us
The amount and type of information depend on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic User Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your user account on our Site. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a user account on our Site to provide a username and email address–and that’s it. You may provide us with more information–like your name–but we don’t require that information to create a user account.
- Public Profile Information: If you have a user account on our Site, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, if you have a user account, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile, such as a photo or an “About Me” description. Your public profile information is just that–public–so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Transaction and Billing Information: the Edumall Site does not process payment transactions, nor collect billing information.
- Communications with Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us with information when you respond to polls and surveys, or when you communicate with us using our online contact form.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Site.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Site. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on our Site–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on the site (e.g., [username] deleted “[title of post]” at [time/date]). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Site (e.g., page views, searches and information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Site services to you, as well as get insights on how people use the services on our Site, so we can make our services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Site from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you register your user account on our Site through a social media platform (like Facebook or Twitter) or if you comment or rate on our Site using Facebook, we will receive information from that service (such as your username, email address and basic profile information) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you use and any options that are available.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
The site uses various forms each clearly stated with a specific purpose. We take privacy seriously and will in no way sell or share your details other than is mentioned within the form or as required to do so by law.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we may share your info
Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Site services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Site Services (like analytics providers).
Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorise us to do so, such as the social media services that you use to connect to your user account or use to comment on our Site.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We take measures to help protect information about you from unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction and disclosure. For example, we use HTTPS while information is being transmitted. We also enforce administrative access controls to limit which of our employees have access to non-public personal information on our Site.
Since there is no perfect secure method of protecting information during its storage, processing and transfer into electronic form, Edumall does not give the full warranty of its complete safety, despite all efforts made by Edumall. If you believe your user account has been abused, please contact us for assistance.
Which laws apply
How To Access, Update Or Delete Information
Registered Site users can usually access, correct, or delete their personal data using their account settings and tools that we offer. If you aren’t able to access, update or delete our information you can contact us for assistance