Microsoft Windows 8 pro upgrade
- Why Upgrade to the New Windows 8 -
- A beautiful new Start screen with live tiltles, plus the familiar desktop.
- Designed for touch, mouse and keybaord
- Great built-in apps like Mail, Calendar, Messaging, Photos, and SkyDrive, eith many more available from the Windows Store.
- Your pictures, files and setting easily synced through the cloud.
- Includes Internet Explorer 10 for faster, more secure web browsing.
- Keeps you up to date and more secure with Windows Defender, Windows Firewall and Windows Update.
- Provides enhanced data protection with BitLocker and BitLocker to go to help keep your information secure.
- Enables you to host a Remote Desktop Connection on your own PC so you connect to it when you're using a different PC.
- Connects to your corporate or school network with Domain join.
The Start screen
Everything you care about most is on the new Start screen. Tiles on the Start screen are connected to people, apps, folders, photos, or websites, and are
alive with the latest info, so you're up to date at a glance.
Windows 8 is perfect for PCs with only a mouse and keyboard, those with touchscreens,
and those with both.Whatever kind of PC you have, you'll discover fast and fluid ways to switch between apps, move things around, and go smoothly from one place to another.
There are amazing new PCs of all kinds, including sleek and lightweight tablets, convertibles, and laptops.
Apps from the Windows Store
Windows 8 comes with a new store for apps, the Windows Store. Open the Store right from your Start screen to browse and download apps for cooking, photos, sports, news, and a lot more—many of them free.
Millions of streaming songs
Windows 8 also includes the Xbox Music app, which gives you access to a whole world of music.
Your Windows, everywhere
Sign in with your Microsoft account to any of your PCs running Windows 8and you'll immediately see your own background, display preferences, and settings.
The familiar made better
The desktop that you're used to—with its taskbar, folders, and icons—is still here and betterthan ever, with a new taskbar and streamlined file management.
Stay up to date and more secure with WindowsDefender, Windows Firewall, and Windows Updated
Windows 8 starts up faster, switches between apps faster, and uses power more efficiently than Windows 7.
Why download Windows 8?
It goes where you go Your pictures, files, and settings are easily synced through the cloud, so you can get to what you need almost anywhere.
It plays as hard as it works
Windows 8 gives you the power to quickly browse, watch movies, play games, polish your resume, pull together a killer presentation—all on a single PC.
You keep all your files
If your PC is running Windows 7, your files, apps, and settings will easily transfer to Windows 8.
You keep familiar programs
Programs that run on Windows 7 will run on Windows 8.
Windows 8 system requirements
- If you want to run Windows 8 on your PC, here's what it takes:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver